Ghaziabad History was founded in 1740 AD. It was served by Ghazi-ud-din, who served as a wazir in the court of the Mughal Emperor Muhammad Shah and named it “Ghaziuddinnagar” after his name. With the opening of the railway in 1864, the name of “Ghaziuddinagar” was shortened to its present form, i.e. “Ghaziabad”. During the Mughal period, the banks of Hindon in Ghaziabad and especially Ghaziabad remained a picnic spot for the Mughal royal family.
The establishment of the Scientific Society here during the same period is considered a milestone of the educational movement started by Syed Ahmed Khan. The Sindh, Punjab, and Delhi Railways, which connect Delhi and Lahore, were opened in a single year via Ghaziabad to Ambala. On completion of Amritsar-Saharanpur-Ghaziabad In 1870 the line of the Sindh, Punjab, and Delhi Railways was connected to Multan via Delhi Ghaziabad, and Ghaziabad became the junction of the East Indian Railway and the Sindh, Punjab, and Delhi Railways. Indirapuram is a major area in Ghaziabad.
Ghaziabad, along with Meerut and Bulandshahr, remained one of the three Munsifs of the district under the Meerut Civil Judgeship for most of the British Raj.
Ghaziabad was associated with the Indian independence movement with the Indian Mutiny of 1857.
Although connected by railways from 1865, it was not until 1940 that the first modern industry appeared in Ghaziabad. However, it was in the post-independence period that the industry actually expanded, with the opening of 22 more factories in the four years after 1947. This development can be attributed to the rehabilitation of the influx and occupation of the people from newly formed Pakistan. It was now the Pakistani province of Punjab. John O’Kee and Mohan Ltd., one of India’s biggest concerns manufacturing coated and bonded abrasives, and originally working under the name ‘National Abrasives’ in Rawalpindi, in 1947 under the proprietorship of ‘Dyer Mackins’ Moved hereunder. After this, the breweries were also founded in the year 1949 by Mohan Meekin. The development of Ghaziabad in this period was also seen as one of the most famous centers of India’s oil engine industry.
In 1967, the municipal limits were extended to the Delhi-UP border. In the early 1970s, several steel-making units also came into the city, making it one of the city’s primary industries. This period also saw the rise of the electronics industry, with the establishment of Bharat Electronics Limited and Central Electronics Ltd. Over the years, planned industrial development saw participation from major industrial houses of the country including Mohan (Mohan Nagar Industrial Estate, 1949). , Bye (Tata Oil Mills), MODIS (Modinagar, 1933; International Tobacco Co. 1967), Shri Ram (Shri Ram Piston, 1964), Jaipuria, etc., and also significant involvement in concerns such as Danfoss Limited (Posted) through foreign capital. 1968); Indo-Bulgar Food Ltd. and International Tobacco Company (Est. 1967)