|Qualification||M.A. in Political Science|
|Resi. Address||K.E- 107, Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad|
|Date of Birth||12-09-1959|
About Asha Sharma
Ghaziabad Mayor Mrs. Asha Sharma, the Mayor of Ghaziabad is a very popular person among Ghaziabad people. She is well known for her hardworking, management skills, helpful nature, and honesty. Due to her dedication towards her work, Ghaziabad secured First position in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in at Uttar Pradesh ratings.
Asha Sharma is the sixth mayor of Ghaziabad. After taking sworn as a Mayor, Asha Sharma said that her primary focus would be on developing Ghaziabad as a clean and pollution free city and supply of clean and potable drinking water to the Trans-Hindon part of the city. After Asha Sharma was elected Mayor on December 1,2017 following the counting of votes, she had been campaigning extensively in Gujarat along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the state’s assembly elections. Even at the age of 58 Years Mrs. Asha Sharma ji is extremely passionate towards her work and working 15 to 16 hours in a day. People of Ghaziabad appreciate her enthusiasm for work, she is very active, helpful and hardworking and even everyone can meet her very easily.
Modi Ji had tweeted– “Asha Sharma Ji’s landslide victory in the Ghaziabad Mayor polls is a matter of immense joy for the BJP Party. Was happy to know her vision towards improving infrastructure in Ghaziabad and ensure a better quality of life for its citizens,”
The Mayor of Ghaziabad, Mrs. Asha Sharma, is a very popular figure among the people of Ghaziabad. She is known for her hard work, management skills, helpful nature, and honesty. Due to his dedication to his work, Ghaziabad secured the first position in the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in the Uttar Pradesh Ratings. Asha Sharma is the 6th Mayor of Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh.
After being sworn in as mayor, Asha Sharma said that her primary focus would be to develop Ghaziabad as a clean and pollution-free city and supply clean and potable drinking water to the trans-Hindon part of the city.
After Asha Sharma was elected mayor on December 1, 2017, after the counting of votes, she was campaigning extensively in Gujarat along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the state assembly elections. Even at the age of 58, Mrs. Asha Sharma is very passionate about her work and works for 16to 17 hours a day. The people of Ghaziabad appreciate her for work, she is very energetic, hardworking, supportive and even everyone can meet her very easily.
Modi Ji had tweeted- “Asha Sharma Ji’s spectacular victory in the Mayor elections is a great pleasure for the BJP party. It is a pleasure to know his vision towards improving infrastructure in Ghaziabad and ensuring a better quality of life for his citizens.
Swachh Bharat Mission has given us an opportunity to focus consistently on various aspects that are part of essential services that are common. Our primary focus was to make city open defecation free and we have been certified by Quality Council of India as Open Defecation Free city.
To achieve the status of ODF city we provided Construction of toilets is the foundation of SWACH BHARAT MISSION and we have kept with the pace of constructing toilets. Though the city is certified ODF, but we are still working towards building more sanitation related infrastructure. Ghaziabad is the only city in Uttar Pradesh where India’s first Pink Toilet (especially designed for women) was created.
NIGHT SWEEPING : ALL 24 COMMERCIAL AREAS
TRANSFORMATION OF GARBAGE VUNLERABLE POINTS : 300 POINTS OUT OF 351
DOOR TO DOOR COLLECTION OF WASTE : 82 WARDS
- There are land parcels where there is no sewer network. For such areas, a massive drive was organised to select and register the de-sludgers and providing facility of co-treatment at the Sewer Treatment Plant. In this course, 26 registered de-sludgers have been issued license at a nominal fee of rupees Rs 2,000 per annum.
- GMC has its own functional waste-to-compost plant with waste processing capacity of 300 MT per day. Also another waste-to-compost plant is adopted with neighboring ULBs under cluster model for the waste processing 200 MT per day.
- Sanitation Infrastructure
- Other solid waste management achievements
- Theme based paintings at all AND Major roads and flyovers of Ghaziabad.
- Mechanical road sweeping on all major roads with before water sprinkling.
- Monthly special cleanliness drives by diverting safaikarmi from four zones out of five zones to one zone so that one zone is completely transformed.
- Ghaziabad is the only and first city in the state of Uttar Pradesh to have Pink Toilet (A Toilet, All for Woman).
- All vehicles used for collection and transportation of waste are tracked with GPS, the tracking of vehicles can be accessed by any citizen through official website of NAGAR NIGAM GHAZIABA AND More than 300 direct citizen contact program/ workshops/ rallies.
Ghaziabad Mayor address:
K.E- 107, Kavi Nagar, Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad Mayor contact number:
Who is the current mayor of Ghaziabad?
Mrs. Asha Sharma is the current mayor of Ghaziabad.